Today I would like to give a very belated thank you to Deanna at The Book Lover’s Attic for thinking of me for the Shine On award. About a month ago, I was certain I would have this post up any day, but this month has been unusually busy and so here we are. As I recently received the WordPress Family award which allowed me to recognize some friendly wordpress bloggers, I’ll be using this award to recognize some non-wordpress bloggers who have also been incredible about making me feel welcome in the blogging community 🙂
THE SHINE ON AWARD
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
First, my seven random things:
- I recently got to see Maggie Stiefvater at Oblong Books in Rhinebeck, NY!
- I’m currently taking a very interesting class on general linear models but it is largely responsible for my recent reduced posting rate.
- I’m very excited for blogging events this month, including Non-fiction November and the Orange is the New Black read-a-long.
- Raisinets are my motivational snack of choice for making myself write.
- I love challenges and am already thinking about which ones I’ll be doing next year.
- I’m watching all of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes for the first time and I think they’re a lot of fun.
- Ebooks are really growing on me, which could be bad for my self-restraint when it comes to requesting ARCs.
And now to pass on the award! My nominees are:
Jenn at The Relentless Reader
Allison at The Book Wheel
Rebecca at Love At First Book
Asti at A Bookish Heart
Kelly at The Well-Read Redhead
Jessica at The Quirky Bookworm
Aylee at Recovering Potter Addict
Suey at It’s All About Books
Anya at On Starships and Dragonwings
Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness
Charlene at Bookish Whimsy
Birana and Krysta at Pages Unbound
It’s possible I’ll think of more to round out my 15 but for now, that’s the list. Thanks for being so awesome you guys!