Today I would like to give a very belated thank you to Deanna at The Book Lover’s Attic for thinking of me for the Shine On award. About a month ago, I was certain I would have this post up any day, but this month has been unusually busy and so here we are. As I recently received the WordPress Family award which allowed me to recognize some friendly wordpress bloggers, I’ll be using this award to recognize some non-wordpress bloggers who have also been incredible about making me feel welcome in the blogging community 🙂
THE SHINE ON AWARD
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
First, my seven random things:
- I recently got to see Maggie Stiefvater at Oblong Books in Rhinebeck, NY!
- I’m currently taking a very interesting class on general linear models but it is largely responsible for my recent reduced posting rate.
- I’m very excited for blogging events this month, including Non-fiction November and the Orange is the New Black read-a-long.
- Raisinets are my motivational snack of choice for making myself write.
- I love challenges and am already thinking about which ones I’ll be doing next year.
- I’m watching all of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes for the first time and I think they’re a lot of fun.
- Ebooks are really growing on me, which could be bad for my self-restraint when it comes to requesting ARCs.
And now to pass on the award! My nominees are:
Jenn at The Relentless Reader
Allison at The Book Wheel
Rebecca at Love At First Book
Asti at A Bookish Heart
Kelly at The Well-Read Redhead
Jessica at The Quirky Bookworm
Aylee at Recovering Potter Addict
Suey at It’s All About Books
Anya at On Starships and Dragonwings
Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness
Charlene at Bookish Whimsy
Birana and Krysta at Pages Unbound
It’s possible I’ll think of more to round out my 15 but for now, that’s the list. Thanks for being so awesome you guys!
21 responses to “Shine On Award”
I love your random things! Thanks for sharing! ~Deanna
Thanks! I feel like I’ve done a couple of these kinds of posts lately, so it’s nice to know the random list thing isn’t getting boring 🙂
How nice! Congrats to you and your awardees! Good luck wit your class! It sounds hard!
Thanks Laurie 🙂
Congratulations on your award 🙂
Yay, congrats! You deserved it!!! 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Congratulations! You totally deserve it.
Yay!!! You’re so super awesome and it’s nice when people recognize that! Go Katie!
Thanks Rebecca! 😀
Thank you for the mention! I don’t normally do awards myself, but I do really appreciate being mentioned. And I’m glad you’re excited about Nonfiction November — Leslie and I are really looking forward to it too! I’m trying to finish The Goldfinch today so I can start in on some nonfiction tomorrow.
I’ll probably keep reading my normal amount of non-fiction, but I’m particularly looking forward to the discussion posts. They seem like a great way to find more bloggers who read a lot of non-fiction and to get some more non-fiction recommendations 🙂
I’m looking forward to that too. We tried to keep it pretty open-ended, so people could participate at whatever level they wanted while still getting to talk a lot about nonfiction.
Thank you for the nomination! I was glad to read your 7 random facts – it’s great you are appreciating ebooks – they make it easier to read more! 🙂 And I really need to watch Star Trek (so I know what the fuss is about!) I’m glad that you are enjoying it, that motivates me more to finally watch it!
I used to not be willing to read ARCs if I had to get them as ebooks unless they were something I was really excited about, but I’ve gotten used to them enough that I don’t really care what format a book is in any more. I’m amazed at how well Star Trek has held up over the years! Despite some cheesy special effects, I’m still impressed by how creative the plot is in many episodes and I really like all of the main characters 🙂
Ahh, SO jealous you got to see Maggie Stiefvater! Did she doodle in your books? I hear she does that sometimes. Thank you so much for the award!! I’m crazy busy too, so it’s unlikely I’ll be able to officially accept it sadly, but it makes me so happy that you thought of me ^_^
She did! I got a horse doodle in my copy of The Scorpio Races, which I’m super excited about because it’s by far my favorite of her books. I’m completely fine with people not passing on the award, since award posts can be a lot of work, but it’s nice to have a chance to tell you you’re awesome anyway 🙂
Pingback: Bloggin’ Recap: October 27th to November 2nd | The Day Dreaming, Candy Eating, Red Headed Bookworm
Pingback: Snail Mail Collective and the Ninja Book Swap | Doing Dewey