Since last fall when I missed Callapidder Days‘ Fall Into Reading Challenge, I’ve been looking forward to her Spring Reading Thing. I’m actually narrowly avoiding missing it as well, as the deadline for posting a list of your reading goals for spring is tonight! I think this challenge is just what I need right now to get me to do a little more planning of my reading. When I first started my project, I almost always knew what I wanted to read next. But lately, I’ve been having trouble deciding and I’ve been having trouble finishing library books before they are due, so I’ve resorted to a sort of triage system where I read books in the order they need to be returned. While I’ll continue to try to pay more attention to due dates, I’d also like to have some idea of what order I really want to be reading books in. So here is my list, organized incategories because I like our host’s list organization so much 🙂
For my Dewey Decimal Challenge
- Silent Spring
- finish the 630’s – 630, 631, 632, and 633
Gardening – just in time for spring!
- Worms Eat My Garbage
- Guide to Iowa Vegetable Gardening
- Graceling – I’ve seen several good reviews of this one lately, so many I thought it must be new!
- The Uglies series – I’ve been wanting to read this for ages
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Erin Reads
- “Never too old for YA books” April book (TBD)
- The Dark Queen – a historical romance I think, something I picked up for a change
- I Never Fancied Him Anyway – ditto the above, but not historical
- books in at least 4 categories for my genre challenges
I’m sure this list will change over time (I want to plan, but all the way until June is such a long time!) and hopefully get more specific, but for now this is it 🙂