You guys! Today is the first day of bloggiesta and I’m so excited to get started! I don’t think I’ll get much done today since there’s work during the day and I’m having friends over tonight, but this weekend I’m going to get os much done. I do wish I’d been able to host a challenge but for some reason I wasn’t following The Bloggiesta blog (which you should definitely do!), but next time I will and it will be epic 🙂 Here’s my current to-do list which I’ll update here as I go. Wish me luck and go have lots of fun with Bloggiesta!
- get caught up on cross-listing posts to Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Cannonball Read V
- work on re-categorizing posts
- participate in Saturday and Sunday twitter chats
- do at least six mini-challenges
- write reviews for the six books I’ve read but not reviewed
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
This week I’m musing about my experience with mini bloggiesta, a shorter version of the twice yearly bloggiesta. Both events are all about improving your blog while interacting with other awesome bloggers who are doing the same with theirs. Continue reading
In addition to the fun events of BlogFest, this weekend is also Bloggiesta! Here’s the host post describing the event, which includes a bunch of mini-challenges to get bloggers to interact while improving their blogs. Here’s my to-do list for the challenge:
- complete at least two mini-challenges in both the Organization and Time Management category, and in the Blogging Success and Improvement category
- update review indexes
- think about new header for blog and profile pic for twitter
- update blog roll
- think about future blog events for the holidays, book and movie releases, the election, etc.
- update About page
- work on pinterest, goodreads and twitter involvement
- participate in sunday twitter party
I think that’s plenty to keep me busy! I don’t know that I’ll get everything done, but it’s nice to have somewhere to start 🙂
Bloggiesta – Sept 28th-30th
The first exciting event coming up is this year’s Bloggiesta, which is basically a blog improvement party. Lots of bloggers write mini-challenges and articles with tips and tricks for other bloggers. If you’re interested in meeting new people and doing some work on your blog, you can sign up here.