Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Today is the first day of Bout of Books! Woo! So for my musing today I’m thinking about my goals for this delightfully laid back read-a-thon and would love to hear about yours.
My primary goal is, to steal Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness‘s great idea, just to read more than usual. For me, this probably means replacing things like watching TV while working out with reading and perhaps cutting back a little on my recent enthusiastic foray into social media (just for the week). To have some more specific goals though, I’m also going to choose a few books I want to try to get read this week:
- finish MWF Seeking BFF (due at the library soon)
- The Sports Gene (new release, egalley)
- The Dashwood Sisters’ Secrets of Love (for Austen in August)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray (for Book to Movie Challenge)
I also want to watch Sense and Sensibility, since I just finished the book.
Do you prefer read-a-thons with specific reading goals and challenges? Or ones where you choose your own goals? If you’re participating in Bout of Books, let me know in the comments and I’ll check out your goals too 🙂