Last week I was in Austin for a plant pathology conference, and while some of it was amazing (great talks, meeting some professors I really admire) parts of it were less great (being the only one from lab was lonely and wow was the conference exhausting). So especially given how tired I was, it was just the nicest pick-me-up to check my blog and find out that kepagewriter had nominated me for the versatile blogger award 🙂 Below are the rules for those who receive the award, my 7 interesting things about me, and my 15 bloggers to whom I’m passing on the award. I’d love to write a lot about each of them, but since there are 15, I’ll just highlight a few of my favorite parts of each blog.
The Award Rules
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Interesting Things
- I’ve just signed up for two pen pal exchanges, including one run by Book.Blog.Bake for which I’m paired with Kelly at The Well-Read Redhead.
- The other pen pal exchange is run by The Nectar Collective and I’ve been paired with Laura at The Pink Herbivore.
- I’d love to get better at nature photography, so any recommendations for tutorials would be awesome.
- I love pancakes. But really, who doesn’t?
- Lately magical realism has been one of my favorite genres.
- I’m going to grad school because I love teaching college students.
- I’m currently going through one of those phases where it’s hard to focus on the book I’m reading because I have so many good books on my TBR pile!
The 15 Nominees!
- Recovering Potter Addict – I love her helpful, thoughtful YA reviews
- Girl XoXo – great reviews from varied genres, helpful list features, awesome link-ups
- The Book Garden – features non-fiction, finds fun bookish crafts, writes discussion posts that make me think
- Good Books and Good Wine – runs a great 15-question discussion meme, helps me find new/indie fantasy and sci-fi, uses gifs judiciously
- Paper Sanctuary – I cannot get enough of her rants that say exactly what I’m thinking (recent favorites include one about “strong” female protagonists who do nothing and one about self-sacrificing characters)
- Unabridged Chick – great historical fiction reviews and pretty much the most helpful review format ever
- Always With a Book – her reviews are always just the right length and have exactly the info I want about a book
- A Little Blog of Books and Other Stuff – some of the best written reviews I’ve read, a great place for reviews of literary books
- Book Paper Cut – another blog that has reviews that are exactly what I look for in length and content, mostly YA
- Quirky Bookworm – great reviews of cozy mysteries and historical fiction, does a great job encouraging discussion
- Year in Books – awesome source of indie book recommendations,
- The Indiscriminate Critic – another blog with some exceptional writing and a great place for audiobook reviews
- Bitches With Books – very fun, lots of great features, of her Harry Potter spoofs are some of my favorites
- Write Meg – friendly and personable, exactly what I look for in reviews, plus some spectacular photography
- The Blog of Litwits – extremely well written reviews of literary fiction and classics, does a great job encouraging discussion
So go check these blogs out! They’re all wonderful and really deserve the recognition.