Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
This week I’m musing about my experience with mini bloggiesta, a shorter version of the twice yearly bloggiesta. Both events are all about improving your blog while interacting with other awesome bloggers who are doing the same with theirs.
I definitely didn’t complete all my goals for the bloggiesta during the weekend, but I did have a great time chatting with other bloggers. I didn’t do any of the specific things mentioned as part of the commenting and networking challenge, but many of them were things I couldn’t do (like adding CommentLuv to wordpress.com blog). However, I did do a lot of talking to other bloggers on twitter and made a special effort to comment on the blog posts I read, so I’m going to count that one as a success.
I also made a lot of progress adding my reviews to outside sites, so hopefully I’ll be able to finish that up this week. That just leaves actually writing more posts and reviews, which I would like to do a lot more of. As far ahead as I am on reading right now, I should really be able to get my posts up further in advance. Hopefully by the end of next weekend, I’ll have a week or two of reviews scheduled so I can forget about reviews next time I get too busy to keep up. Overall, this was a lot of fun, I met a lot of great bloggers, and I think I’ll use the to-do list until I get it finished. Yea! I’m looking forward to the next bloggiesta already 🙂