Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
For the first time since I’ve started blogging, I’m actually ahead on reading and behind on writing reviews! Writing a review obviously takes less time than reading a book and so it used to be that I’d finish a book, then immediately write a review. Lately, I’ve been going through books fast enough that I haven’t needed to write reviews immediately in order to keep up with blog. As a result, I have something of a backlog of books to review!
Personally, I think I prefer it this way. It is far less stressful to write a review at the last minute if I know I have the book read already. And it also makes it easier not to have to write reviews at the last minute, since I often have books finished well in advance.
Is the limiting step in your blogging usually reading books or getting the reviews posted? Do you prefer to be ahead on reading books or to have reviews written for all the books you’ve read?