Woot! Doing Dewey has just received it’s first award! The Liebster award from Dani at Book Paper Cut. Thanks Dani! The Liebster award is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs (less than 200 followers) worth reading.
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- List 11 Random Facts about you
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 Random Facts…
- My hobby obsession lately (other than reading), is playing Guild Wars 2.
- I can’t get enough frozen blueberries, which I like better than fresh ones.
- I’ve only ever broken one bone, a pinkie finger when I crashed my bike.
- I used to be scared of toll booths – what if I hit one?! But I got better 😛
- My first pet was a small blue lizard I caught outside.
- I currently have a cat named Maggie.
- The first 100+ page book I red was Redwall by Brian Jacques.
- I’m currently learning how to golf.
- Fall Out Boy is my favorite band and I’m going to see them in Niagara Falls!
- I also love 90’s music in general.
- My favorite flowers are daisies.
Answers to Dani’s 11 Questions
- What are your 3 go-to books when it comes to giving out book recommendations?
I’m currently planning on recommending After The Ending to everyone because it was independently published and is one of the best fiction book I’ve read all year. For fans of fantasy, I’d recommend Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time series and for fans of sci fi, I would recommend Hyperion.
- Why did you start blogging?
I was inspired to start blogging by Gretchen Rubins’ The Happiness Project. In her book, she decides to read magazines on various topics and that sparked my idea to read through the Dewey Decimal system.
- Zombies, vampires, or werewolves?
Vampires or werewolves, as long as they’re done well. Anne Rice is my favorite for vampires and I loved Blood and Chocolate for werewolves.
- If you could meet any living person in the world, who would you meet?
Tough question! Maybe Julia Stiles. I love the characters she plays and think I might like her if we met.
- What was the last thing you read, watched, and listened too?
I’m currently reading Queen of the Air – A True Story of Love and Tragedy at the Circus. The last thing I watched was an episode of The Daily Show and the last thing I listened to was Call Me Maybe.
- Of the books you have read this year, which is your favorite?
My favorite fiction would either be After the Ending or The Time of My Life and my favorite non-fiction is definitely The Botany of Desire.
- What is your zodiac sign? (Western/Chinese or both)
I’m an Aquarius, but I had to look that up 🙂
- What is your favorite quote?
I’m not sure I have one, but in case you need a laugh, I’d like to take this opportunity to direct you to this page of hilarious Douglas Adams quotes.
- Who would you: marry? befriend? hate? (book characters)
I haven’t met a book character I would marry. I would definitely befriend Lucy from The Time of My Life or any of Meg Cabot’s character. And I recently read a review of Glitch which pointed out how terrible one member of the love triangle is and agree completely!
- How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging for about 18 months.
- What are your hobbies?
Reading, photography, gaming, and golfing.
6 responses to “Getting To Know You… A Liebster Award Post”
Thanks Claire 🙂
Congratulations. I like the way you present your reads in bookends. Very professional.
Thank you 🙂
Congratulations! I read this blog the first time because of the title (I’m a cataloger and I was intrigued) and because it is a very good blog which I enjoy reading I keep coming back. I love that The Happiness Project inspired you to start this project!
Thank you! I’m glad you like it 🙂