Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Today I’ll be talking about something that’s been on my mind a lot lately – how to fit it all in! With more work actually in the lab plus a longer commute time and starting working out, I’m trying to figure out the best way to fit in blogging…
Lately my blogging has been happening at random whenever I can fit it in and I’d like to get into more of a routine. Doing it in the morning could be nice, although that would mean finishing work later (since as a grad student I can choose to start work later and there’s no way I’m getting up any earlier, haha). Fitting it into the evening or a break during the work day is alright, but unreliable since I don’t always have that time. And finally, what I think is probably my best option – writing everything in advance during the weekend. Anyway, thinking about it has gotten me curious… When do you all fit blogging in? Do you have a regular time you do your blogging? And do you write a bunch of posts at once or one at a time?
5 responses to “Monday Musings”
I agree..you have to blog when you can. I have taken writing my reviews on my iPad in a rough form and then fixing it up.
Do you generally find it harder to write on the iPad or do you go over posts a second time no matter how you write them?
I have the same problem as you. My best time is the morning to write and reflect. The problem is I have to be at work at 8:30. So now I get up at 5:45 to enjoy about 45 minutes of writing but that never seems to be enough time. So I usually try to fit it in when I can. If you find a solution let us all know! 🙂 I am thinking of getting iPad I think that will help tremendously.
I would definitely prefer to have time in the morning. It’s so nice to relax and get a slow start to the day! But I think scheduling ahead and fitting it in when I can is my best bet for now. I’m curious to find out if an iPad helps, perhaps with fitting blogging in any where 🙂
That is my thought too. I try to schedule my writing time in but I am not disciplined, that is something I am working on.